My sweet sister and I like to tease that we are as different as night and day, particularly in the area of reading. I love to read, but my sister wouldn’t be caught with a book unless she had to read it for a class. She often teases that reading is bad for your eyes.
Here are a few of the reasons why I read:
1. Reading gives me something to talk about when there is a lull in the conversation.
2. Books give information that could come in handy if I’m ever on Jeopardy or some other game show someday.
3. Reading can be done in any place, inside or outside, on a roof or in a basement.
4. While waiting at a doctor’s office, reading helps the time pass quickly.
5. The setting of a book, if described vividly by the author, can transport you in an instant!
The stack in the picture above is what I have enjoyed reading during Spring Break. Most of the titles were read as part of the #ShelfChallenge.